Monday, May 19, 2008

Memories on the Railway Tracks

I still remember the first day I waited at the deserted platform, in anticipation of the local daily at 12.50 under the sweltering heat. It used to be now or never situations – U miss it, U get screwed up at the college, cause u end up without having attendance for half day if u don’t come on time for the first hour. Man, College was demanding, the agony of traveling in a crowded train, even more.


Local Suburb In Chennai

The first day of my college saw me being accompanied by my dad’s office boy, who was pretty much familiar with the stations and the routes. I soon realized that there’s nothing to fuss about since there were only 2 stations in between Saidapet and Nungambakkam. What started of as the only feasible and economical mode of transportation, soon became a place where new friendships started to develop amidst the crowd and the heat.

A little Exaggerated Pic !!! The Horiffic Days Of Broad Guage Conversion

Then came in the days when there was the Broad-Gauge conversion in progress. Those days were like HELL. It looked so much uncomfortable and so damn uneasy. There was a day when we went all the way to the Beach (Last Station) on the opposite direction and took the same train so that we could be seated for a while.

There were many incidents that range from fighting with the counter person for the timely issue of the railway pass to a close call when hanging by the footboard. Well you must be wondering, so what’s the big deal traveling in a train? Well It was during the college days. Be it early morning for the gym or late night after the movie, I was always assured that there was a mode of transportation I can bank upon. I have seen a radical transformation over the last 3 years – And yeah I Love Trains in all the tenses and that’s the reason am scribbling something here. It sure was Memories on the Railway Tracks

0 comments: